Thursday, June 12, 2014

People are nice

Today was such an eye-opener. I'm not the type to open the conversation with a complete stranger, but I miraculously had the courage to break the wall between me and a fellow job applicant. That was some will-breaking move for an introvert and loner like me.

The interviewer did not arrive yet, so we had plenty of time for waiting. We just talked and talked and I listened so much to her interesting stories. She told me where she graduated from, her current job (and how much she dislikes the job, despite the good pay she gets), and some things about her family and love life. I later realized that I didn't really share much of mine. If I recall correctly, I only disclosed my intention for applying and my status at school. After talking so much, we didn't even know each other's names, so we introduced ourselves after that long conversation. 


Even with this level of acquaintance, she offered to treat me to lunch. I was reluctant at first, but it would be rude to refuse her off
er so I gladly accepted it. I learned so much from her.

It made me feel like I really am inexperienced when it comes to the 'real world', the 'real life'. I still have a lot to work on and a lot of experiences to gain to help me gain confidence.


Thanks to this experience, I might become a social person, too. I hope that someday, I will be able to also share my experience to someone who needs to be briefed about the world and people around us, just like how she taught me all these things.


This is just the beginning for me. 

Go, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!